Teacher: Jennifer Boutilier. Areas of speciality: Chemistry, Biology, General Science and Math
- Graduated U of W Bachelor of Science (Bio/Chem): 1997
- Graduated U of W Bachelor of Education Senior Years Science: 2003
Over 17 years’ teaching experience:
- Seven Summits Centre for Learning/SD71: Teacher. From 2016
- Seven Summits Centre for Learning/SD20: 7S Volunteer and TTOC. 2015 - 2016
- Dakota Collegiate in Winnipeg, MB: 2003 – 2015. I landed my dream job straight out of university as a permanent, full time Chemistry & Biology teacher at a large bricks & mortar school of 1300 students.
What do you enjoy most about teaching?
How do you get the best out of your students?
Why do you like teaching at 7S?
I love teaching at 7S because students and staff are like family.
I grew up very shy so teaching was never on my list of possible careers when I was young. During my Biology degree, I forced myself to enroll on a course where I had to research an area of interest (ecology) before sharing what I had learned with my class peers, teaching them on the subject, and presenting them with my research findings. I loved the experience and overcame my shyness!
Who inspired you at high school?
Your style of teaching?
What makes teaching rewarding?
What are you like inside the classroom?
What are you like outside the classroom?
What holds the key for success in learning?
If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito. Betty Reese