Rent Our Space
Looking for a local venue for your next event?
LOCATED HERE in the heritage landmark United Church, we are one block from the coffee shops, restaurants and stores of Columbia Ave. We are also surrounded by plenty of on-road parking options.
An Adaptable Space
We have a number of adaptable spaces for hire to include meeting rooms and a commercial kitchen as well as projectors, screens, whiteboards and an audio system. (See our pictures, rental guidelines and base rates below). Our venue has been used for a diverse mix of regular and one off functions, events and purposes - Blizzard Music Festival performances during Rossland's 2020 Winter Carnival, The Community Kitchens Project, Avalanche Training and Brownie meetings among them. Whether you’re hosting a yoga retreat or need a space for your next board meeting, our centre equips you with a great venue, which directly benefits our students.
The link below will provide details on the various rooms we have available to rent in our learning centre to include their dimensions, the daily and hourly base rates for profits as well as non profits and the room descriptions . Please refer to the picture gallery below too.
- Renters must book space with the centre’s Operations Manager and state the following in their request: If they are profit or non-profit organizations/groups, the date and start/end time of the booking, the area/s of the building they would like to book, as well as the contact info (to include e-mail address of the person responsible for the rent payment).
- Depending on the group/person and activity, proof of insurance may be requested and/or a criminal record check.
- Renters will be told that the Centre is a outdoor-shoe-free zone and recommend they tell people to bring slippers or indoor shoes and that some guest slippers are provided at the front door.
- Renters will be asked if they need use of the whiteboards and Centre personnel will verify which can be cleaned and used.
- Once the space is confirmed the renter will be given the code to the lockbox if needed.
- The renter will stay in the prescribed room(s) as per their rental.
- Renters will respect other people and their space who may be in another part of the building during their rental time.
- The renter will leave the Centre in the configuration they found it and in a clean state unless other arrangements have been made.
- The renter will ensure all doors are closed and locked upon departure and will return the key to the lockbox, if it was used.
- The renter will ensure the thermostats are reset to their original settings if they had been adjusted.
- Renters will be billed at the end of each month and payment is due within 15 days of the date of the invoice.
- There is an additional charge for use of either of the projectors.
Need a Venue for your event? Did you know that we have a variety of classrooms and spaces available to rent as well as commercial kitchen facilities too?
Mon Aug 31-Fri Sep 4 - Grad planning with SD71 for Grade 11&12 - SD71 will contact students
Tues Sep 1 - Course Registration for ALL students
Wed Sep 2 - Canvas and Organizational Seminar for ALL Students
Tues Sep 8 - First Assignments and Teambuilding Camp Planning
Wed Sep 9 - Thurs Sep 10 - Teambuilding Camp
Mon Sep 14 - Regular timetable starts
According to the Ministry of Education's restart plan, we have moved into Stage 2. This is good news! Here is what Stage 2 means for the Centre:
1. The Centre is considered a Learning Group. (A Learning Group is a cohort of up to 120 students who remain together for the school year to minimize contact and exposure.) As a Learning Group, our students will have access to regular, in-class instruction at the Centre and our schedule will be the normal Monday to Thursday 8am-4pm (seminars from 9-3) as per last year. A finalized timetable will be sent in late August.
2. We are still encouraged to be aware of measures such as hand hygiene, physical contact, and limited social interactions. Masks are NOT mandatory for individuals within the Learning Group but may be worn if desired.
On a cautionary Covid note, we receive this information gratefully but with a willingness to adjust if necessary. More detailed information about the September restart plan can be found by clicking HERE
Please feel free to contact our Administrator, Tanis Shippy, with any questions via email: email@example.com